Template:Abloy standard disassembly
From LockwikiJump to navigationJump to search
Note: The shackle must first be released via a key or other method of entry to non-destructively disassemble Abloy padlocks.
- Unlock the lock and release the shackle.
- With an allen wrench, unscrew the cylinder retaining screw (Hole on the side, near the bottom. Releasing the shackle clears this area.)
- Lock the shackle and remove the key.
- With the bow end of the key, unscrew and remove the cylinder faceplate.
- Remove the plug and sidebar. Holding the disc stack with a key is recommended.
- Remove the cam.
- With a flathead screwdriver, remove the C-clip by lightly tapping counter clockwise.
- Remove the plug and sidebar from the back of the cylinder.