|Founder(s)||John Stanley Ogden|
|Padlocks, Lock cylinders, Electronic locks,|
In 1999 ASSA-Abloy purchased a 50% share in Lockwood and assumed full ownership of the company in 2001.
In the United States, Lockwood Lock Co. was founded in 1888 in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. The company was purchased by Independent Lock Co. (ILCO) in 1975, and sold to Lloyd Matherson in 1983.
- Lockwood Twin
- Lockwood Generation 6
- Lockwood MT5
- Lockwood Digital DX
- Lockwood 110 series
- Lockwood 334 series
Security and Picking
Very few (if any) unmodified Lockwood locks use Security pin's, and all Lockwood padlock plugs rotate in the same direction (Clockwise), making them relatively low security.
However some Lockwood padlocks, such as the Lockwood 234/45 features an Interchangeable Core, which can increase security, however these cores can be removed when the lock is open by simply using a screwdriver, rather than an interchange key / control key. This means that with access to an open padlock a key can be made to fit the lock through decoding.
- About Us, Lockwood Australia Website
- 75 Year anniversary, Lockwood Australia Website
- Rabbit Standing, small
- Illustrated and Descriptive Catalogue (1894)
- Lockwood Builders Hardware Catalog No. 20 (1932) (Archive.org)
- Patrician Hardware by Lockwood (1938) (Archive.org)
- Lockwood: The Story of Its Past; The Basis for Its Future.
- Lockwood Finishing Hardware (1959) (Archive.org)